- Cleavon Women's Joie Choose color SZ 97282uorv8943-Shirts & TopsKali Chakra Plus Reflex Helmet Matte Yellow bluee, LG XL
Kali Chakra Plus Reflex Helmet Matte Yellow bluee XS SM
Kali Chakra Solo Helmet Solid Flugold Yellow, LG XL
Kali Chakra Solo Helmet Solo Neo White Green Small Medium Bike
Kali Loka Valor Helmet Gloss Yellow bluee, SM MD
Kali Maha Helmet Matte bluee, LG
Kali Maraka RD Zone White Bike X Country Trail Enduro Helmet M L CLOSEOUT
Kali Maya 2.0 Revolt Helmet Matte White Flugold Yellow XS SM
Kali Predectives Aazis Plus 180 MTB Soft Knee Shin Guard
Kali Predectives Chakra Plus Helmet Graphene Matte bluee SM MD
Kali Predectives Chakra Solo Helmet Solid White Large X-Large
Kali Predectives Danu Helmet Solid Matte Ice SM MD
Kali Predectives Maha Helmet Kali Solid White SM
Kali Predectives Maya 1.0 Helmet Matte Gunmetal orange XS SM
Kali Predectives Therapy Helmet Solid Matte White LG XL
Kali Predectives Zoka Helm Pinner Glanz black red white XL
Kaltrauchgenerator Rauchmax XXL Edelstahl Kaltraucherzeuger 12-14 Std.
Kamen Rider Zi-O Bokkura Tamago Kamen Rider Soup 15 pieces BOx From Japan F S
Kamen Rider Zi-O Sound Ride Watch Series GP Ride Watch 11 All 6 types Japan
How are we doing this?
Kandinsky Abstract Art Painting Sports Bra
By rethinking our relationship to carbon and green waste.
Earth has a natural way of regulating carbon — plants. Plants take up atmospheric carbon (CO2) and convert it into food and oxygen. When plants die, the remaining carbon in their structure decomposes and is stored in Earth’s soil. Time, heat, and pressure fossilizes decayed plant (and animal) matter into what we refer to as fossil fuels (coal or oil). This is Earth’s long-term carbon storage system.
The mining of these fossil fuels for energy has disrupted this process. Every time we mine fossil fuels, we are extracting millennia’s worth of trapped carbon from the soil. When we burn these fossil fuels for energy, we are emitting millennia’s worth of trapped carbon into the air as CO2. Due to our reliance on the fossil fuel industry, we are extracting and burning a record amount of fossil fuels everyday, releasing CO2 faster than Earth’s natural cycles are able to keep up. According to the IPCC our rate our CO2 emission has caused a 1 degree global increase in temperature, .5 degrees away from long-lasting or irreversible changes. Needless to say, we must do everything we can to slow down our rate of CO2 emission.
At Local Carbon Network, we are turning to waste as the solution.
By bringing together people, plants, and machines we can re-fossilize and trap CO2 back into the soil, preventing it from being released into the sky. We do this via a process called gasification which is high heat with no oxygen. This process effectively re-fossilizes 50% of the CO2 into wood-charcoal, commonly known as biochar. Co-composting this biochar effectively traps carbon into the soil for millennia.
Kappa Kids Football Soccer Borussia Mönchengladbach BMG Away Shorts 2016 2017
Kappa Zapatillas Zapatillas Hombre Sneakers Zapatillas Volante 6185
Karen Kane Women's Off-The-Shoulder Top - Choose SZ color
Karma EVA Hard Type Stink Bag (Net Bag for Keepnets) 2 net
What is a Local Carbon Network?
local green waste – biochar making technology – community gardens – sponsors
Karpfenrute Raubfischrute ROBINSON CARBONIC T-STRONG 3,6m 415g Wg.50-120g
KARPOS PANTALÓN MONTAÑA HOMBRE RAMEZZA PANT
Karrimor Kids Boys Tempo 5 Road Running shoes Runners Lace Up Mesh Upper
We source local woody biomass waste that would otherwise go to municipal burn facility and convert it into Biochar using technology that allows the simultaneous production of electricity and heat. We find sponsor funding to purchase a supply of the biochar to donate to the local community gardens. We supply the gardens and teach them how to co-compost with the Biochar (and reintroduce it back into the soil, effectively trapping carbon into the soil and regenerating soil health)
Karrimor Rubber Wellington's Green Size NH087 OO 03
Karrimor T-Shirt Short Sleeve Ladies Jogging Fitness Run Sports 5997
KASK BAMBINO TIME TRIAL TT TRIATHLON HELMET MEDIUM
KASK Helm Predone, Größe M, red
KASK Mojito Helmet Pink size Medium
Why does it work?
Kask Predone Helmet Lime Green
Because we create a win-win scenario for green-waste recycling projects, for community gardens/regenerative agriculture specialists and for the environment.
KASK REX MTB Cycling Helmet - Lime [M 52-58. L 59-62cm]
Kasper Women's Scalloped Edge Tank - Choose SZ color
Kast HELL RAZOR Vest Slate Grey NEW Size Medium CLOSEOUT
Benefits for composting activities and agriculture:
- BiocharKalas Tengersee Tal ev Gmund RTT Rennrad Fahrrad Trikot Gr. L; higher composting temperatures kill pathogens and weed seeds, and result in a more stable, higher quality product.
- Biochar suppresses the emission of odors from compost, especially ammonia, and makes composting much more forgiving.
- Biochar matures in the compost by adsorbing a functional coating from compost which gives it much greater water holding capacity and nutrient exchange capacity, behaving like permanent compost, since biochar itself is extremely long-lived in the soil.
- Biochar stimulates the production of plant exudates and fungal mycelia which increases the soil aggregate stability, making the soil more resilient, more water permeable, and resistant to compaction.
- Biochar captures and retains a tremendous amount of water-soluble nitrates which would otherwise be lost during composting, and stimulates plant growth by providing the plant access to abundant nitrogen.
- Plants exhibit a stronger immune response against pathogens due to the support and soil services of the soil microbiome fostered by co-composted biochar.
- The enhanced nutrient exchange capacity afforded by co-composted biochar reduces the loss of water-soluble nutrients, reducing the pressure to use fertilizer. Any fertilizer that is applied ends up being used more efficiently.
KastKing Royale Legend Baitcasting Fishing Reel - 12BBS 17.5LB Carbon Fiber Drag
Benefits for the environment:
- For every kg of composted Biochar produced in conjunction with electricity generation by gasification of biomass waste, we have up to 40kg of climate impact.
- Bioenergy with Carbon Capture and Sequestration (BECCS), and Pyrolysis Carbon Capture and Sequestration (PyCCS), are scientifically recognized methods for drawing down carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and storing it in the soil for the long term, leveraging plants to capture carbon dioxide, which is already happening worldwide.
- Nitrous oxide and methane emissions can be reduced by up to 90% in the compost pile with the addition of biochar. (Nitrous oxide, N2O, is 300x more potent than CO2, and methane is about 80-100x worse than CO2 in the first 20 years after it is emitted.)
- Biochar continues to abate nitrous-oxide emissions from the soil.
- Biochar Kalf Club Men's eVent Softshell Jersey Top Sport Cycling Activewear Windproof, including pesticides and heavy metals, making it a useful tool for remediating contaminated soils.
- The production of biochar in the course of gasification prevents particulate matter from being released into the atmosphere compared to open combustion.
- The production of biochar in the course of gasification for power generation and heating offsets fossil fuel use.
KastKing Speed demon Right Hand Baitcast Reel 9.3 1 High Speed Lure Fishing Reel
Kastle SX 170 Skis With bindings
K&Bros - Men's Watch 9427-4-710
Benefits of producing biochar as a part of green waste recycling projects:
- Avoid trucking green waste over long distances burning diesel.
- Get electricity and heat out of the green waste instead of just letting that value go up in smoke.
- The production of biochar converts a waste stream into a value stream.
KED Fahrradhelm Spiri two green black matt Gr. M 52-58 cm 16302220
Ked Riding Helmet Pina Unicorn Size M (51-56cm) - New 836213
KEITECH - MONO SPIN JIG 1 20oz. 1.3g Hook MOEBI
How can I get involved?
If you are interested in composting – become a Kalf Flux Mens Race Fit Soft Lycra Short Sleeve Full Zip Cycling Jersey – you could support the project by signing up for a yearly composting subscription and receive an insulated tumbling composter as well as a yearly supply of biochar. We reinvest the profit into sponsoring other projects. Alternatively you could involve your local community garden and apply for a sponsorship.
If you are producing woody biomass – become a Biochar Producer – our equipment converts 6 tons of woody waste biomass each month, producing 60mw/h of renewable electricity, 120 mW/h of heat and 300kg of Biochar (enough for 3 tons of compost) – you can become a biochar producer if you produce 6 tons of woody green waste per month or can form a community project to reach that amount.
If you are a local business – become a Sponsor – instead of investing only on advertising you can associate your brand to Climate Impact and really enable Carbon Drawdown in your area. In exchange we will talk about you to local press, put you on our newsletter, have your company name visible at the community garden we provide the biochar to and even give you visibility for a year on our website. We will also give you a certificate displaying your yearly drawdown achievement. Relatively small donations can be fully enabling to the project!
If you have a following – become an LCN Advocate – activists, associations, journalists, thought leaders and communicators we would love for you to help us spread the word by interviewing us or talking about us on your blog, newsletter or social media. We will return the courtesy by speaking about your brand.
Join the Local Carbon Network today and help your community be a part of the climate solution.
KEMPUSA 10-226 Foam Lifestyle Ring Buoy - 19 in.
Kent and Stowe 70100251 Carbon Steel Long Handle Dutch Hoe
Kerrits Flow Rise Performance Riding Tights Breeches - Ladies - TAN
LCN has sequestered:
Kilograms CO2e to date
Kerrits Nordic Horse Long Sleeve Equestrian T-Shirt Top NWT -Kids Large
Kescher - Unterfangkescher Alu Balzer 3,00m 3-tlg 60 x 60cm Netz gummiert
The Climate Clock tells us we will reach our CO2 limit within 15 years
…but “a mere 2% increase in the carbon content of the planet’s soils could offset 100% of all greenhouse gas emissions going into the atmosphere.” … while also regenerating soils.
Keys Pro 980HRS Treadmill Walking Belt + Free 1oz Lube
KIDDIMOTO SAFETY HELMET bluee with Goggles Size Small
Kids Xtreme Whistler Apre Boot
Kinder Matschhose Move Mountains Jungs 29 30
Kinder Reithose Kniebesatz PENNY EASY HKM black 116
Kinder Reithose STRETCHY Vollbesatz HKM white white NEU
Kinder Reithose Vollbesatz Pfiff black 140
Kinder Reitweste Les Essentiels Equi-Theme NEU
KINESIO FP Tape 5 Rolls x 5m - MIXED Colours Kinesiology Tape
King's Head Dark Wood Dartboard Cabinet Set
Kingsland Kadi Breeches - Ladies Horse Riding Equestrian Slim Fit ETec Full Grip
Kingsland Leticia Ladies Sweatshirt navy S19 Dressage
Kingsland ZARA Ladies Show Shirt Turniershirt (UVP ) - Reduziert
KIT FAST PERSUADER SPIN FISHING SEASPIN
Kjus Beanie Unisex US65-A03.21603 Men's Ski Clothing Hats
Kneepads Elbow for girls bike Little girl Peppa Pig
KODEX KX-i Carp Rod 3.25lb 12ft 13ft
| Condition: |
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, unworn and undamaged item in the original packaging (such as the original box ... Read moreabout the condition
| Binding: ||Apparel|
| Publisher: ||Joie|| Department: ||womens|
| UPC: ||Does not apply|| Label: ||Joie|
| Style: ||Does not apply|| Manufacturer: ||Joie|
| Brand: ||Joie|| Model: ||18-1-J392-TP01285|
| Size Type: ||Regular|| ProductGroup: ||Apparel|